Sunday, January 14, 2007

WHY I LOVE THE 80'S ??????

Posted at www.freewebs.com/ericsblog last Wednesday, Dec 6, 2006

I love the 80's! I was born in 1970's, so I spent my formative youth in the late 70's and 80's. Everything was so cool back then. You could play Ghosts in the in the streets with your friends after dark without worrying about being robbed, murdered, etc. The music was awesome. Duran Duran, Rick Springfield, the Boss, Twisted Sister, oh man, the memories! MTV was the best! The toys were so cool too.
Remember Monchichi's? How about Lite Brite, and Pac-Man, and Care Bears, I could go on and on and on! The TV shows were so cool. Remember Knight Rider with Kit the talking car? And Dukes of Hazzard? Roscoe P. Coletrain! How about Dallas? Who did shoot J.R. anyway? Oh man, if I could only go back to those innocent times. Well, if I knew what I know now anyway. I graduated high school in the 80's.
Those were some of the best times of my life. spent my teens and the 80's were an illustrious time to be alive. There were so many things to recall...which I can't control my emotions to rekindle my younger days.............I am a true child of the 80s. I don't know whether it's nostalgia for a seemingly simpler time or what, but I think the 80s had some of the best music ever made--from bands like Duran Duran, Culture Club, Huey Lewis and the News, and of course the hard rock (glam rock, whatever you call it, it ROCKED!) bands like Def Leppard, Cinderella, Europe and Britny Fox.
I LOVED the long, teased hair and make-up. Those guys were so sexy! Speaking of music, there was no better time to watch MTV than in the 80s--when they actually played music videos 24-7-365. Headbanger's Ball in the late 80s was something I looked forward to every Saturday night. There were other great video shows and channels too, like the show "Friday Night Vidoes" and "Video Rocks" and the "other" music vid channels, Hit Video USA (anyone remember that one from around 1987?) and VH1. I think the toys were better in the 80s than they are now too. Strawberry Shortcake was my favorite toy from that era. The new look just doesn't cut it. We didn't need highly technological toys to have fun.
The Garfield of the 80s was the best and the 80s was also a time when good cartoons, like Woody Woodpecker, the Flintstones, Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes, could be seen on regular TV--not just on Boomerang and the Cartoon Network. There were other way cool things like Trend Scratch & Sniff stickers--remember when we all had sticker books?! Some of the other great stuff that is just a memory today: back patches of your favorite band on your jean jacket, Jellies shoes, "Back to the Future" on the big screen, "high" hair, frosted pink lipstick, neon clothes and accessories, soft sculptures (balloons, shooting stars, etc.) to hang up in your bedroom, the Magic Mushroom Air Freshner from Airwick (I LOVED those)!, "The Dukes of Hazzard" on Friday night Prime Time TV, etc. etc!Haayyy.......miss the 80's so much..............what else can I do but just looking back.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kuya eric matanda kana talaga dahil gusto mong bumalik sa dekada 80.....peace kuya eric ha wag sakin magalit.....

My Favorite Instrumental Music