Monday, January 15, 2007

MY FIRST TRIP TO BAGUIO...THE SUMMER CAPITAL OF THE PHILIPPINES

Posted at www.freewebs.com/ericsblog last Thursday, Jan 11, 2007

Baguio is known to be the tourist attraction of the Northern part of Luzon. Its mountainous area keeps the place so cold and freezing... As a frustrated traveler, I used to dream of going to Baguio that somehow God would grant my poor dreams. At long last, the Christian Youth Ministries in my school invited young fellas to join them in Baguio for a Youth Conference. The travel price was so cheap included the fare, lodging, and food...When I heard such news it ignited my desire to see Baguio as it is...Without any second thought...I joined the group and it was truly the best year of my life which I spent Christmas at the coolest temperature in the Philippines.
I got the chance to see the attractive spot which we so-called the Pine City...but it got me frustrated 'coz it's not exactly what I was expecting to. Baguio was no longer as beautiful as it is....the city is crowded now and the lushful environment was no longer covered with trees but the eyesore of the local goers..squatter areas.
Wishing that the Government would do something about it to save the dying city. Here are some pics which I posted..these were some of the activities that we did during the Young Congress.
I am looking forward to going there sometime this year, hopefully, this valentine. Baguio is still the best place and the hideaway from the hustle-bustle in the city....you can simply relax and unwind in the cooling breeze of the air and few spots.
The place which I wish to visit is Camp John Hay...the former US military base in Baguio...I think it's just a camp, not exactly a Base....


Souvenir Photo with my group


The youngest among the members....

Great buddies.....


Symbol's of Baguio



Fellow delegates African buddies


Pink was our color......during amazing race.

Outside The Mansion

At the Mansion with my group

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi kuya eric...musta na? buti kapa pabalik balik nalang sa Baguio....sosyal ka talaga.

My Favorite Instrumental Music