Sunday, January 14, 2007

WHAT'S ON THE 80'S ???????????

Posted at www.freewebs.com/ericsblog last Friday, Oct 20, 2006

I miss 80's so much which I can't help but flashing back the great memories I had.
The 80's was a child of the 70's, in every way , in culture, and arts. Welcome to the age where recalling back most of the new wave era. It's nice to rekindle seeing myself how I looked like in the 80's. I was in baston jeans, wearing colored shirts , the hair being polished with spray net and gels. 80's was the generation where we can speak out loud freely ....thru musics, fashion, movies and shows.
That was also the time where the envasion of British to the music world industry....leading the fad of new wave and punk style. Everytime I hear music from the 80's that is being played in the radio, it will bring me back in times...Flashing back the good time which I shared to the world. A generation, I cannot compare, something that you cannot forget but rewinding the past. If I could just turn back time, I certainly want to be in the late 70's going to 80's. Finally, the 80’s witnessed a revolution in the car industry. With great automobiles like the Buick Regal, Jeep CJ-7, Chevy Suburban, and Cadillac .
According to Brando We are the children of the eighties. We are not the first "lost generation" nor today's lost generation; in fact, we think we know just where we stand - or are discovering it as we speak. We are the ones who played with Lego Building Blocks when they were just building blocks and gave Malibu Barbie crewcuts with safety scissors that never really cut. We collected Garbage Pail Kids and Cabbage Patch Kids and My Little Pony and Hot wheels and He-Man action figures and thought She-Ra looked just a litle bit like I would as a woman. Big wheels and bicycles with streamers were the way to go, and sidewalk chalk was all you needed to build a city. Imagination was a key, It made the Ewok Treehouse big enough for you to be Luke and the kitchen table and an old sheet dark enough to be a tent in the forest. Your world was the backyard and it was all you needed. With your pink portable tape player, Debbie Gibson sang back up to you and everyone wanted a skirt like the Material Girl and a glove like Michael Jackson's.
Today, we are the ones who sing along with Bruce Springsteen and The Bangles perfectly and have no idea why. In the Eighties, we redefined the Dream, and those years defined us. We are the generation in between strife and facing strife and not turning our backs. The Eighties may have made us idealistic, but it's idealism that will push us and be passed on to our children - the first children of the 21st Century. Never forget-We are the Children of The 80s.

No comments:

My Favorite Instrumental Music