Tuesday, March 23, 2010

OLD PHOTOGRAHS AND PLACES

The smile of the sun is getting fierce and painful. The wind blows luke-warmly uncomfortable, and you start sweating like a hell. It's already summer, the class is over- meaning it's time to rejoice, worry-free from exhausting class, stressful students, and a bit of tedious dullness of the subject as well. This is my first summer vacation away from home...Everything is first and I'm a sort of novice-migrant to a country that I never dreamt of. Back in the Philippines, summer vacation is considered a holiday of sort by the Filipinos. When the sun starts to strike its scorching heat, hitting out to the beach or splashing out to some famous and known swimming pools around the country were the most fave destination of every Filipinos. That's exactly the simple fun Filipinos did every summer vacation. It is also a gathering of every family, friends- where everyone plans for the retreat, visiting places outside the busyness of the city. Among the provinces in the Philippines that I love to spend my summer is the island of Siquijor It's the home province of my mother, a province where I first saw the beauty and the ugliness side of the world. I did spend my early childhood there too, so as staying there for some time when life in the city was getting congestive and crammed. The best place for exhaling pure and clean air. I’ve always dreamt of a life in the beautiful countryside of this island, a house of my own, with a wide meadow, sipping wine on my terrace enjoying a view of the rolling fields. Living there is more of the notion of leaving behind life’s baggage, moving on, and finding what you really want in life that speaks my mind. I remember my father used to bring me to the farm and accompanied him tending the cows..our piece of the farm there relates to the beauty of Life... it's close to nature, where valleys and plains added beauty to the simplicity of the area. An overview of a not so far-off sea, blending with the whistles of the wind and chirping of the larks. I remember my first time to see our farm – it was magically surreal. Fields of corns, peanuts, beautiful greeneries, and the tranquility of the countryside. Sunset over the fields reminds me of how Life feels when you find Love – rosy, warm, and blissful. It made me feel like I was in my dream, a dream that I’ll never wake up to. I have never been home on the island for so long of years now that old photographs and places I always remember..every now and then. My parents decided to settle there because of the peaceful and simplicity of the island that it offers...which life is where it’s at for some quality rest and relaxation. Now here I am in Thailand.. and through all of this, I haven't regretted once the decision to pack up life move abroad. I miss my parents and family, but I have no regrets what so ever in making this life-changing decision. Leaving me many avenues here to explore and who knows when or if I will be ready to return to the place of my birth.
Yesterday I felt the wind blowing 'round my shoulder Feel like I'm getting older Still I can't forget your face Separated by a million miles of ocean My heart still feels emotion Even in this lonely place Old photographs and places I remember Just like a dying ember That's burned into my soul Even though we walk the diamond-studded highways It's the country lanes and byways That makes us long for home Lately I just find my mind has turned to dreamin' Making plans and scheming How I'm gonna get back home But deep down inside I know its really hopeless This road I'm on is endless We climb our mountains all alone

No comments:

My Favorite Instrumental Music