Friday, December 12, 2008

A NOSTALGIC SONG


I'M GOING BACK TO THE PHILIPPINES
Artist: Menudo

im going back to the philippines
INTRO: FM7, F, FM7-Bb7/ pause
FM7, F, FM7-Bb7/ pause
(repeat except last chord)
BbM7 pause

F Gm7 F/A
Quietly she sat beside me
Bb C
"Hello love", was all she said,
F Gm7 F/A
"Are you also feelin' lonely?"
Bb C
With her eyes she answered, "Yes."

REFRAIN:
A7/C# Dm
In Makati when we met
Dm/C Dm/B
The moment I will never forget.
Bb Am7 Dm7
Her perfume filled the warm night air
Bb C Am7 Dm7
A yellow rose she wore in her hair,
Bb C Am7 Dm7
That's when I knew how much I cared
Bb C F-Gm7-F/A-Bb-C pause
And I took her with a kiss.

F Gm7 F/A
We walked along through the city
Bb C
And I held her by the hand,
F Gm7 F/A
"When I am gone, will you miss me?
Bb C
Think of how our love began."

REFRAIN:
A7/C# Dm
Underneath Manila sky
Dm/C Dm/B
We knew we had to say goodbye.
Bb Am7 Dm7
And for the last time we shared our dreams
Bb C Am7 Dm7
Our deepest secret and what our love means,
Bb C Am7 Dm7
I made my promise, she made a wish
Bb C F-Bb/F-F-
An I left her with a kiss

CHORUS: F, Eb
Bb F
I'm goin' back to the Philippines
C F- F,Eb
Where my love is waiting
Bb F
I'm goin' back to the Philippines
C F-
To see my love once again.
(Repeat except last word)
Bb-
...... again
C F
With you is where I belong.
(Repeat Chorus)

CODA: (Fade)
F, Eb, Bb-F-C-
Bb/F-C/F-F/Bb

Upon browsing and touring the entire world of cyberspace, I was accidentally bumped into this long forgotten song,-"I'm Going Back To The Philippines" sang by one of the famous boy bands in the 80's Menudo.
It was sang by a new member of Menudo Raymund Acevedo...freshly as it may seems...my memory bank has just started to play the song as my mouth was trying to utter some vaguely lyrics.I strongly believe that this song was a nostalgic which brought so much tears and emotions of fleetingness to the Filipino fans.
Well, just try to appreciate what this song had made a tremendous impact to the Philippines. It had kept the fondest memories alive,isn't it? it's a timeless classic that has always warmed our hearts and it brings us back to all those wonderful years with this boy band which is a yesterday once more.

4 comments:

Photo Cache said...

i remember this just like it was yesterday.

Eric said...

That's right Photo Cache...this song reminds me of the 80's....it really brings you back in time.
thanks for dropping by...

Anonymous said...

haha! pwedeng pang asar sa mga ka-batch! hehehe. brings back fond memories of high school... our batch only recently became active in "organizing" the group, counting five years til we host the grand alumni homecoming. this pic (and song) is giving me ideas... LOL.

Eric said...

Hi Jun..thanks for dropping by and leaving your kind comment.youre right that songs remind us in the 80's.

My Favorite Instrumental Music