Monday, December 15, 2008

MY GROWN UP CHRISTMAS LIST


Do you remember me
I sat upon your knee
I wrote to you
With childhood fantasies

Well, I'm all grown up now
And still need help somehow
I'm not a child
But my heart still can dream

So here's my lifelong wish
My grown up christmas list
Not for myself
But for a world in need




I just knew this song last year when a friend of mine shared this song by sending it thru bluetooth.The message behind the song was illuminating that soothes coldly to my heart specially this Yuletide season.
Christmas is the most Wonderful Time of the Year,according to Paul Anka's song, which is true.To be honest,I can't feel much the aura of Christmas since I'm broke and just started my class this Tuesday.We tried to convince the Koreans, to come back here to study English but they were affected of the crisis as well, that stop them to come.
The world is in deep crisis,how could you feel the essence of Christmas? Can you expect people to smile though life is tight right now? I believe people will still wear a smile amidst of the crisis,economically.Shopping malls are still filled with rat mallers and shoppers,busily buying gifts and food for Christmas.
As a grown up person,I have tried to list some of my Christmas wish list.The only thing that I wanted to have in life is a simple living with so much contentment.Herewith, are my Christmas life long wishlist this year;
1.Good stable paying job
2.Traveling/working abroad
3.gifts for my parents and hopefully see them this year.
4.reunion with my brothers and family
5.reunion with my classmates back in high school
6.to be financially stable
7.spiritually stable
8.health
9.to own a Mac laptop
10.to buy a C902 SonyEriccson mobile
11.a lifetime partner

Adults have Christmas wish as well,not just the kids.I can't wish for a world peace since it's prophesied by the Holy Scripture that in the end times world will be in chaos.Too bad,that we are in the midst of this turmoil which the competition is tough,no matter how good you are academically,yet,your diploma won't surely guarantee you of that good future monetarily.
I never have any wish for this year but that list written above..they might not be the complete lists but its just in my mind that is being processed...and considerably a lifelong wish list every Christmas.

No comments:

My Favorite Instrumental Music