Sunday, April 22, 2007

LIFE AFTER GRADUATION


My dictionary defines Education " The process of educating".How important education is, that our parents strongly encouraging us to study harder and evenly to come the end in college?
We used to hear repeatedly from this cliche's " Education is the only wealth and possessions that our parents can possibly give". That I boldly agreed.
At my age now, I certainly knew how education having much significance or value in this industrialized world, specially on searching a job.
Being impecunious doesn't an obstruction enable for us to obtain education.To brazen it out, my parents had never gone to secondary level,especially my father whom just finished on 3rd grade while my mother an elementary grad...but I'm proud of them.Their time was far deeper from the generations of today, so consideration is legally regarded as conventional and favorable.
Modesty aside, I got two complete series of studies which I considerably a great blessings from above.The first one was taken by chance because of the scholarship I got from DAR-BFAR.I won't forget the 3 joyful long years of my study from my first course which gave me the full length of familiarization of my father's parentage, Cebu.
On the contrary, that course had never been an efficacious to get me a better job in line for it.Yet, I ended up as a factory worker;production staff and canteen dish washer which had thought me profoundly why do suffer myself of working as dishwasher thus I'm a college graduate?
Looking back the 90's, my life as a Fishery graduate eventually circulated for five years working as Factory Worker,going out - going in and happily receiving the salary you deserved.Contentment didn't unkindly render fulfillment of my needs and wants to remain factory worker forever,but, foreglimpse and dream big.I frustratedly feel stagnated and try to search the better store.
Hence, I thanks God and my family for pushing my back to finish my Diploma in Fishery Technology.The learnings I got from Fishery school is a big of help in contributing our aquatic resources preservation.
Going back to school was way far from my plan nor inclining of making a single step.Yet, God reveals His marvelous scheme and sent me to college once more.Honest to goodness, teaching marked unwillingness,thus,I just graduated reluctantly because it's set against my fond hope.Nevertheless,God uses people to sustain my studies monetarily.
As newly grad, competition is very tough right now,even the undergrads serves as threat of rivalry to the graduates.Both were starving vultures of today...and the country has no enough room to accomodate us.
Where else we will go,hitting abroad is lucrative right now...which the grass is greener at the other side...Job seeking is not that easy,you got to spend a lot of money buying newspaper glimpsing the classified ads with the hope there is something vacant job that qualifies us.Hitting the ground with that excruciating heat doesn't hinder us to be jobseeker.
Worrying where to go and what to do after graduation was the normal feelings of the newly grad.Would you imagine living in this country that never gives any guarantee for our future....what would happen to us newly grad and here comes millions of out of school youth trying to survive the dying country.
The world has a lot to offer,its vast space provides enough room but corruptible citizens were among the predators....staying on our way especially those who are sitting in the highest position.
yet, if we'll do our best ignoring those who try to put us down, the crab mentality thing...we will be succeeded.
To us graduates..congratulations....life may not be always a bed of roses but it can be possibly true if we'll use the education that we have learned from school, from our admiring Professors.
Life after graduation is, honestly hard comparing when you are holding your pens and papers.But is there such a stable job? I really don't know, specially in this country....thus our togas,and caps symbolizes that we made it from the stressful school works






14 comments:

kookie said...

hELLO WELCOME SA BISDAK ENJOY N TC.

ME COCO/KOOKIE

Rod said...

Interesting web site. I have been to the Philippines many, many times. Manilla and Zamboanga about 14 times each. Corregador - sorry for the spellings. Last time was in 1985. I bet it has changed a lot since then!

Well Great community and web site! Glad I found you. Thanks for visting our community about 12 year old Alex from Ethiopia. JOIN us today! http://www.mybloglog.com/buzz/community/AlexRod/

OR -

Visit Alex web site today and discover the true, heart warming story of faith and prayers. Read how this young Ethiopian street child is being rescued from a certain death on the streets of Addis Ababa. DISCOVER THE REAL LIFE STORY OF HOPE AND SUCCESS FOR ALEX Link to us today and follow the progress as Alex adjusts to the safe world in Europe where he will hopefully soon get a good education and health. http://alex-roadtofreedom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

wow- very impressive! Congratulations! Wish you all the best! God bless.

Anonymous said...

hello Erick,
thanks for sharing your post....really, it is better at school or as a student, than after graudation....

the question is: where do i go?????

but, remember what your parents always says....Education is the only asset they can give you, and noboday can take it from you....whatever happens, it is for you.....

Congratulations...........

by the way are Erick who is also a Bisdak member?...i´ll see.......

Eric said...

I think I am already a certified Bisdak member......

Eric said...

thanks...kookie for the kind words that you had just left....I used to stay your site....give my warm regards to Rod...tell him somebody right here in the Philippines praying for him...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and happy graduation Eric! You are now officially unemployed.

It is a very sad fact that not everyone have the opportunity to showcase their talent. Hope you earned yourself an edge among your other 'competitors' with that diploma you are holding.

Good luck on your after-grad life, may you find the job that pays fair and shape you into a better professional.

'Mum-2-3-' said...

GReat blog you have...

Congratulations... Yes, I have to agree, life after graduation is really a BIG QUESTION MARK????

I wish you all the best in life and in your career....

Thanks for visiting me as well... Have a great day, TC and Godbless.

'Mum-2-3-' said...

Hello, salamat sa pag-agi. Lisod lagi dinhi mo tag ug mo comments.
Congratutlation, Big question mark bitaw usahay huamn sa graduation ay kay lisod sab mangita trabaho.

Aw Rick, ayaw nalang pag-ate naku kay 32 pa ko, si Dae Haze kay 25 pa na sya. hehehehe, matiguwang ta dali ana.

'Mum-2-3-' said...

Aww hala sorry, wa ko nakapansin, uder approval paman diay ang comments, abi naku wa ginadawat, balikbalik rara ko ug ug pasa, pakidelete nalang diay...

Di ko kamao mag butang ug MP#, si Dae Haze man gud naghimo sa akong Blog, sya man master ana. Pangutan-a nalang sya palihog, credits pud niy sa pagpaguapa sa akong balay..

Take care and have a nice day...

RM Bulseco said...

i love the feeling especially when you come up to the stage and get your medals [for honors] and your mom would pin it for u. how sweet.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Goodluck to your next adventure!

Anonymous said...

welcome to bisdak diay, dong Erick......

about sa mp3 nako, di ako gabuhat sa akong blog, si Chocolate-Carlota,
just try to ask her, bootan kayo ni siya, labi na matulog....lol

bitaw, try to ask her, siya akong designer, planner and architect sa akong balay....

have a nice weekend diha.......au-au

Anonymous said...

naa man diay si carlota diha sa taas, ask nya, di ni siya kahibalo mobalid, mo lingo-lingo lang....heheheheh

My Favorite Instrumental Music