Monday, June 21, 2010

MY FAVORITE PLACE IN THAILAND

Firstly when I arrived here in Thailand, I had thought long and hard that it would be so impossible for me to develop a sense of love and acceptance in a country I didn't wish for. But when I slowly started to adjust (except the language) and feel the simplicity of how God wanted me to begin my journey, seemingly everything fall in place.
For my eight months stay here in Thailand now, I've been to places around Thailand where the usual tourists love to stay. Been in Pattaya twice and dipped into the not so impressive seas. Was in Cha-am beach, famous floating market, giant pagoda, Bangkok & nearby places around my location with their pride tourist attractions. The blast-off one was spending my New Year's Eve up north of Thailand at Pai Maehongsong.
Among the places I've been to, Pai Maehongsong is my favorite place in Thailand to kick back and enjoy myself to. Pai is north of Thailand and a world away from busy Chiang Mai and Bangkok. It sits at the lap of a mountain range adjacent to the capital Maehongsong.
This not so sleepy town is home to some of the friendliest people in Thailand. I love the cool weather and the air is clean, the food traditionally simple and tasty, and the local shopping stalls are cheap and stylish.
It offers a lot to both local and foreign visitors who loves hiking, camping, and nature adventure. The place helps you to feel at ease and forget the problems you have left at home, or temporarily erased the burdens of work load.
It's easy to forget the lush style of the capial city Bangkok when you are almost completely close-off to the outside world of Pai.
Really, I am looking forward of visiting Pai soon when my budget, time permits me.


Pai Maehongson

Pai Maehongson

Pai Maehongson

Pai Maehongson

Pai Maehongson

Pai Maehongson

Old China town, Pai

Old China town, Pai

Old China town, Pai

Old China town, Pai

Old China town, Pai

Old China town, Pai

Old China town, Pai

Old China town, Pai

No comments:

My Favorite Instrumental Music