Tuesday, June 29, 2010

BANGKOK SIGHT SEERS

Bangkok is a city offering myriad sights to its visitors..the reason why I went there and try to see its pride...Bangkok is a shoppers paradise. You can also see the world’s largest Buddha made from solid gold. I'll be back there to feel the unique and wonderful blend of the east and west. This is the city where the two cultures live side by side, complementing each other.
Most of the Filipinos who are working in Bangkok itself never knew that there's a sightseers in the capital city.
DSCN3931
A lone monk walking alone on a street.


DSCN3933
Emerald Temple


DSCN3935
Yours truly at the Emerald temple.


DSCN3937
took a picture of an old woman monk.


DSCN3938An old woman monk walking by


DSCN3939My encountered with another monk while I was on my way to Khao San Road.

FSCN3908
Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho - Bangkok city, the biggest in Thailand.


DSCN3864
A seated buddha at Wat Pho Bangkok city.


DSCN3863
Students learning traditional Thai instruments.


DSCN3861
A teacher teaching his students the intruments at the temple.


DSCN3857
A seated buddha,,which is made of pure silver..


DSCN3856
A tower of a tall Pagoda at Wat Pho.


Wat Pho Bangkok cityA big prayer temple.


Wat Pho Bangkok city
Yours truly with the novice monks


Wat Pho Bangkok city
Another temple that impressed the tourists.


DSCN3849
An ancient temple in the background


DSCN3846
The temple is guarded by a Chinese Buddha.


DSCN3845
A facade of the temple.

DSCN3932
A Tuk tuk driver who charged me much knowing that I was a foreigner..

4 comments:

CaptainRunner said...

It is interesting to know that it is a city where two cultures live side by side. I hope I could set foot on that city one day.

Eric said...

Thanks CaptainRunner....coming to Thailand isn't that hard and its cheaper....

thepinaysolobackpacker said...

don't we love taking pictures of monks? :)too bad, i didn't get to get souvenir pix w/ Thai monks,I find Cambodian monks more friendly than Thai monks.:) keep exploring Eric! :)

Eric said...

Thanks thePinaysolobackpacker.....I do love taking pictures of monks and temples....too bad too, I dont have a DSLR yet.

My Favorite Instrumental Music