Saturday, March 19, 2011

MY FIRST WINTER EXPERIENCE

Growing up in a tropical country, winter or snow is somewhat a myth unless you see it yourself.
I have never experienced shivering just as like the freezing winter temperature in Poland.
Until, I got a teaching job offered abroad & that's when I started to believe that it is a dream come true and for sure,it's really true when I touched it for the first time.
Yes, my first winter experience, I always have this imagination of myself celebrating Christmas in a winter wonderland, walking in a white and soft snow like cotton balls. Honestly, I was pretty excited to see snow and have a blast on it. My imagination started to play again that I'd certainly take the chance of indulging myself the moment I arrived in Poland.
But little did I know that experiencing it first hand would be a different thing. Knowing later that I couldn't take a shower or bathe everyday even if there's a hot water( but you won't smell, promise you just wash your face and your private thing everyday) yet, you'd still chill and my skin starts to dry and itchy. Everyone told me that how much fun would it be to see snow and play with it so as during winter solstice where the days are shorter and the nights are longer. Truly, I didn't miss the defining moment of my life the first snow drop in my hands.


IMG_2156

IMG_2094

IMG_2275

IMG_2245

IMG_2241

IMG_2238

IMG_2095

IMG_2149

IMG_2141

6 comments:

Ed said...

seems like a very nice feeling to have snow. never experienced winter, but i know it will arrive someday. :D

Eric said...

it is..snow is fun but too much cold and snow is no longer fun at all....you'll get sick.

Chyng said...

bbrrr. ginaw! i cant stand a cold temp. super warm blooded ako.

btw, didnt your camera freeze? i heard you must use an anti-freeze camera for snowy weather?


(yes you may repost -
condition: include the last 2 colored shots + link it to me. =)

Eric said...

warm blooded nga rin ako eh,,,kaya nagka sakit ako ng winter depression at ubo...sure will link back to you..thanks Chyng.

Batang Biyahera said...

Last winter was really hard but at least we've got "White Christmas" in Germany again. How was the streets in Poland? Here in Germany it was covered with ice for many weeks.

Eric said...

Same here in Poland, everywhere was covered with snow....I thing its even more colder 'coz Poland is in the northern part.

My Favorite Instrumental Music