Saturday, April 20, 2013

Finding Refuge and Strenght

Lately, I was so down and depressed with that I came to blame my Creator about the mishaps in life, the mischance, the misfortune, and so on or whatever words you may describe it that collaborated with the word mishap. I used to do that when storms come along my way especially the time that I couldn't find a shelter to shade myself from the rain.
photo from Google.


But then after all those whines and complains I made, God has still patiently loving me and trying to understand everything a father could do for his child. Honestly, when I am confronted with adversary I couldn't find someone who could give the best comfort in the world but seeking refuge and strength from God.
Though my earthly parents would offer the warmest comfort they could have for me but God's protection is quick even before you ask for it. Where else could I run for a shelter?
When things get rough, God is always been a perfect to run to find refuge & strength, it's proven right. Sometimes, I get blinded by my anger without knowing that I myself involved on the mishaps the reason why it turn out to be not so nice because God is disciplining me.


Let me share this beautiful poem that I've got from the internet, eventually I am a fan of Penny Parker the .person who made this

Most Richly Blessed

Pray


Candle
asked for health
that I might do greater things ...
I was given infirmity
that I might do better things.

I asked for riches
that I might be happy ...

I was given poverty
that I might be wise.

Pray
I asked for power
that I might have the praise of men ...

I was given weakness
that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things
that I might enjoy life ...

I was given life
that I might enjoy all things.

Candle
I got nothing that I asked for,
But everything I hoped for.

Almost despite myself,
My unspoken prayers were answered.

I am, among all men,
most richly blessed!

~ Attributed to an Unknown Confederate Soldier ~


No comments:

My Favorite Instrumental Music