Saturday, October 08, 2011

Photography Captures of A Thai Monks

Came across to Samuel's blog and got these pixies as he explained how the Western people like him thought of a serene peaceful picture of a monks in Thailand. As an Asian, that's exactly the same perceptions I had somewhat a saintly and holistic images of sort, but on the contrary, discouragement would be firstly hit you to describe these religious servants in Thailand but as the day you stay longer you'll get used to it and be unmindful of what you see around even in the temples.
On the lighter note, I enjoyed myself observing the monks doing their rituals and ceremonies, and sometimes mingling with them in the temples in Bangkok.
The pixies that you are viewing right now is rightly true as what Samuel describes on his blog the misbehaving monks.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Pictures courtesy ofNomadicsamuel.com)

2 comments:

Ed said...

didn't realize these monks also smoke! galing ng mga photos kasi up close :D

Eric said...

Thanks Ed, I just got the pics from Samuel.
I was also shocked when I first arrived in Thailand, expecting a holistic image.

My Favorite Instrumental Music