Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring Trip - Lublin City of Inspiration

At last, my desire to travel to some places nearby was granted. I'll acknowledge the depth of my desire to travel, and I marvel at the power of the imagination to carry me to places I've never been. The chief motive of my long desire to be on the road again is not only to see the touristy places and landmarks of Poland but to see the other side of it.
Since it took me a couple of months to backpack around, the cold weather didn't prevent me to carry my backpack and be on the road again. The joy of travelling is unimaginable and a great memento to share when I'll be aged of time and could no longer make a mile step at all.
Lublin city isn't among the places in the eastern part of Poland  that I most likely to see because I don't hear much of it as the main course of any local backpackers talk that I met in Warsaw.
Nevertheless, I went there to satisfy my curiosity just as it won't take me a day to get there. I stayed in a hostel for a while and indulged myself to look around and letting me to be lost. As an "itchy feet" (since then), getting lost makes me to discover of the hidden parts of the place that I went to.
Just as my feet led me somewhere dictated by my instinct, I just found out that there's nothing much to see in Lublin.
It's pride the Old Town, isn't much that big nor impressive but the old structure remains a big picture of an old Jewish community back then. I tried to go deep down hoping I could see more of Lublin's beauty but it got me bored afterwards because of the same old Polish sight that I could normally see around Warsaw.
The city is not big nor economically way progressive, I haven't seen any shopping malls in the heart of the city but stalls of clothing stores mushroomed around. In other words, I could be easily bored if there's nothing much to hang out when you are tired of roaming around.
To be exact, I didn't enjoy much in Lublin ,yet, I haven't any regrets at all. It may not be filled with adventure & discovering but it's nice to be in a place that is totally different from I know. Asking, If I'd recommend Lublin ..well, depending on what you are after and look for in a place, better yet, I'd still advise it for a day trip...don't get stuck in the city.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

My Favorite Instrumental Music