Saturday, December 05, 2009

TEACHERS PRAYER



Teacher’s Prayer

I want to teach my students more
than lessons in a book;
I want to teach them better things
that people overlook -
the value of a rose in bloom
its use and beauty too,
a sense of curiosity to discover
what is true;
how to think and how to choose
the right above the wrong,
how to live and learn each day
and grow up to be strong,
to teach them always how to gain,
in wisdom and in grace,
so that they will one day make the world,
a brighter, better place.
Lord, let me be a friend and guide
to give these minds a start
upon their way down life’s long road,
then I’ll have done my part.


Becoming a teacher wasn't a dream for an impatient person like me, but you see I am teaching and graduated the course.
I can't literally believed that God had put me into this profession...and now trying myself to enjoy this kind of vocation in a foreign land.
As I was roaming around the net world, I thought of browsing a teachers prayer..so I stumbled down on a certain page and found a lot of prayers including for teachers. I am posting it here because I am already loving this profession because this is what the Lord wants me to be.
Teaching Thai students the English language isn't easy nor a piece of cake..you really have to exert effort, patience, and understanding. Somehow, the prayer above would be my tools to use just to reach out the heart of these young innocent future leaders of this Siam country. I may not appreciated it now but in the long run, God would extend the horizon of my human understanding.

No comments:

My Favorite Instrumental Music