Friday, May 25, 2012

Gniezno - The Seat of the Second Polish Diocese

I made a side trip to Gniezno upon knowing that this little city situated in the north-east part of the region was also the first birthplace of Poland with Poznan. The city is just a distance away from Poznan that could be reached by train or bus within 30 minutes.
As my vacation trip in Poznan was about to come to an end, I decided rightly to see this historical little place without any much plan but to enjoy the off beaten path of Poland. It happened that it was also an Independence Day in Poland which made a perfect timing of my visit.
As all main tourist attractions are situated in the center, it wasn't hard for me to check around. Being as the only colored tourist in Gniezno, I became the center of their curious prying eyes - well that didn't bother me at all as I have gotten used to it.
To be exact, I enjoyed my trip in Gniezno. I could see the simple life of the city that is not influenced much of the secularism of the world. The city reminds me of Kazimierz Dolny , so simple - quite and clean.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

My Favorite Instrumental Music