Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My First European Polish Christmas

The Christmas celebration is fairly done globally, but not in the Philippines yet. I recall seeing homes, shopping malls, companies and establishments with christmas lights and decors already up around of October in the Philippines. Filipinos are overly enthusiastic and in love of this season maybe because of the strong influenced by (the) Catholicism and other Christian denominations.
Personally, I view christmas as the celebration of Christ born in this planet though December wasn't the accurately exact date of Christ birthdate. However, I find it such a great celebrations that promotes happiness & unity among Filipino people.
This has been my second lonely christmas abroad, firstly was in Thailand. I'd say it was the saddest season I had since Thailand doesn't celebrate christmas because it's a buddhist country. Long before I could think of another christmas away from home, my fate has just brought me to a farthest country that for sure celebrated my favorite season of the year.
Poland is in eastern part of Europe, a cold country filled with history, but I won't tell stories about it though. I always dream of a white and snowy christmas and Poland is the perfect country that fits to my dream. Sadly, christmas has just over ,yet, the weather isn't fair this time which it supposed to be snowy early of December.
I spent most of Christmas day facing my laptop and listening to various christmas songs that took me to different places and different times of my life. Clouds of emotions filled my chest and gone up, eventually watered my eyes. Memories started to flash back and soon fell down and enveloped my mind. Every tune of the christmas songs that played had taken my emotions to be more dramatically sensitive that tickled me to rekindle the sweet memories, reminiscing the beautiful moments in my life while I was with my family and friends back in the Philippines.
When this season comes that's when I miss my parents the most. I am this longingness in my heart that one day soon that I'll be with my parents together in one home celebrating christmas.
It is honestly so hard celebrating christmas with few people around me especially in the absence of my parents. The more I could feel the sadness when Polish people doesn't much seriously celebrated different to the environment that I've known.
I didn't even see the full view of how they celebrate it as a catholic nation. Better yet, I spent my christmas just as it was and partially observed how the Polish family did it. Thanks to my Pinay friend and her extended Polish family forcing me to stay and celebrate with them till noche buena hour came. Without them, I might have my first lone christmas in Europe. The food that was served was fantastic and traditionally Polish.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

My Favorite Instrumental Music